Why join PAR?
If you’re determined to become a true professional angler, you’ve chosen an extremely competitive and demanding career path. It’s not going to be easy, but few worthwhile things in life are, especially if you’re pursuing a dream.
The truth is, the “pie” being pursued by professional anglers hasn’t grown much over the history of tournament fishing. It’s not very big, and the anglers who control the lion’s share of it have no plans of letting go.
What has grown over the years is the number of anglers seeking a piece of that pie. With the recent surge in high school and college competitive fishing programs, more anglers than ever aspire to a career in fishing, making competition for a piece of the pie more fierce than ever.
If you’re going to carve out a career in the fishing industry, you’ll need an edge, a shortcut, a clear path to success that others may not take advantage of or even know about. You don’t have the time for trial and error, and you may not have the hefty bank account to shake off the tough times and learn by your mistakes. What you want is a proven system and a map to your career goal.
PAR is that system, that map and the program that will give you an edge over the other anglers who want a piece of the pie you need to claim for yourself.
Between them, our anglers have more than 80 years experience at the highest levels of professional fishing. They’ve won millions of dollars and earned every significant title. Our media experts have more than 40 years experience working with top pros in newspapers, magazines, radio and electronic media.
If you’re ready to take the next step toward a career in professional fishing, PAR is the right path. To succeed in such a competitive field, you need every edge and advantage you can get. That’s what we offer.
What you get by joining PAR right now
As you can see, PAR is new and in the process of building the site. That means there’s a lot less content now than there will be in a month, a year or five years. We’re still “populating” the site and establishing our services, but we have a lot to offer right now, including our low introductory rate.
Let that work to your advantage. Not only can you join at a reduced rate for a limited time, but as a charter member of PAR you’ll have tremendous access to the team of professionals that make up this service. You’ll also have an opportunity to help shape PAR from the ground up and tailor the content to your needs.
There’s a lot of good information on the site now, but it’s going to get much busier and much better very soon.
- A template for your résumé and cover letter to pro staff managers
- A pro staff manager directory; PAR will tell you where to send your inquiry and — more importantly — who needs to see it
- “Ask PAR” — a feature where you can ask our experts a question that will help you in your personal situation
- A curriculum of course materials specifically designed to take you through key aspects of your development as a professional angler, including a certificate of completion that we believe will soon be coveted around the industry — objective proof that you understand the role of a professional angler and how to perform it
- The “PAR Score” — a sophisticated system that will evaluate and assess your level of exposure and familiarity within the fishing industry
- More articles, more videos and podcasts that will help you achieve the career you want in the fishing industry
So take the next step in your fishing career and join us today.
Tags: Bernie Schultz, join, Ken Duke, Kevin VanDam, Nathan Benson, PAR, Pro Angler Resources, Shaw Grigsby